Thursday, February 18, 2010

Bag Lady



The Lady keeps forgetting to bring her reusable bags to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. She went to the store today, and came back with paper bags containing the groceries. Has she not heard about global warming? Taking care of the environment? You know... Go Green? Hello? Anything? She owns a regular bouquet of reusable bags but forgets to bring them about two thirds of the time. She even has a pretty black one with butterflies on it. How do I know this? The bags are kept on the door handle in the laundry room, right next to the vault that holds my stash of dogfood. Can't miss them. Today I reached my limit and decided to do something about it. While The Man and The Lady were eating lunch I staged a protest by shredding the paper grocery bags in to little tiny bits all over the floor. The Lady thought it was funny! The Man was skeptical and raised his eyebrows, but even he didn't put it together. The harder I worked to make my point, the more she made cracks about me being part gerbil or hamster or guinea pig or some other creepy little rodent. She totally didn't get it at all. How can I make my opinion about the bags clear? I'll have to come up with another plan. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

1 comment:

  1. oh lord boscoe and riley's people have a similar stash of reusable but never used bags. what is it about people??

    ReplyDelete