Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Carpet


I relieved myself in The Boy’s room today, and I gather that wasn’t a good idea. I’ve had a few accidents in the kitchen these first few days, but no one seemed to get that upset about the linoleum. The stuff called carpet has such an interesting texture under my paws, and there is a dark and loamy smell to the room that was so compelling I couldn’t control myself. The flavor of the boy is similar to mine and I know he is young like me. He just turned sixteen last week and I know I’ll catch up soon.

“I just knew we should have replaced the carpet in this room too,” said The Lady. “Good thing we didn’t!” replied The Man. Apparently carpet isn’t the same as grass, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to resist. My biggest concern is that I won’t be able to tell the difference between carpet and grass. There are so very many different varieties of each. Do they know how confusing this is for me? After all, I just got my eyesight a few weeks ago.

Guess what? The lady that smelled like flowers named Princess Fran came back today for another visit. This time she brought a present for me! It is a stocking for Christmas, and filled to the brim with toys! It is from my cousins Buddy and Fritzy, two Shih-Tzus that will soon be my playmates, as soon as I can have my shots, but I can’t even start having vaccines until I am completely out of the woods.. Well, maybe just Buddy since Fritzy tends to get a little snarly with other dogs. (Maybe he'll make an exception with me since I just love EVERYBODY) I did practice wearing my little blue collar today in anticipation of my first walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment