Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It''s a CAGE!


I got my crate today. I now know what a crate is… it’s a CAGE! They keep discussing what to call it, in front of me like I'm not even here. One of them said, “How about den? Let’s call it his Den.” Then the other one said, “Maybe we should call it his House? Kind of like doghouse?” Let me tell you both, I don’t care what you call it, it is a CAGE. Regardless, it is kind of tempting to enter since it seems to manufacture treats which I can’t seem to resist. My favorite treats just keep appearing in the cage like magic while My People say in the most enthusiastic way, “Harbor, go into your house!”
What do they take me for? As if I’m going to fall for that one. The lure of the treat is too strong, though, so I just figure I’ll slip in quickly to get the treat. But can you believe it? Almost every single time I cross the threshold they shut me in and the metal door makes a really disturbing squeaking noise that is quite off-putting. You’d think I’d learn not to go inside all the way, but sometimes the treats appear ever-so-slightly out of reach and I absolutely have to put my back legs inside as well as my front legs. I’ll have to figure out how to solve this problem. In the mean time, The Lady filled the CAGE with pillows, and blankets, and my stuffed Winnie-the Pooh who is awfully nice to snuggle with when I’m feeling drowsy. I guess I’ll just have to sleep on it for a while and I’m sure the answer will come to me. I’ll keep you posted on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment