Saturday, December 19, 2009

She calls me Bunny Rabbit



My people decided to name me Boulder Dash Rogers. The Man and The Boy like the name Boulder and the lady said it was OK as long as she could give me the middle name of Dash. Boulder Dash. Do you like it?

Sometime in the middle of the night, the vets at the hospital shaved my arms and legs and put IVs in my little veins with more medicine. My arms are really sore, and my throat hurts from so much vomiting. This morning when Z came to get me out of bed, I knew My People would be waiting for me, and they were! They looked like they hadn’t gotten much sleep or had baths, but they were right there waiting for me. It felt so nice to feel The Man’s big hands warm against my head and then snuggle against The Lady for the ride home. She calls me Bunny Rabbit, even though that isn’t my real name.

But this time they didn’t carry me to the house. Instead they took me straight to another vet. The hospital had called ahead and they were expecting me at the door. At this office I was so drowsy and out of it, I didn’t even realize what was going on, but the kindly Doctor Martin was looking very somber while I lay on the table in a little furry heap, not moving. He spoke softly and told my people I’d have to stay there for the day while ran some tests and then I’d have to go back to the emergency hospital for the night again.

My people kissed me and left me there without much hope.

They changed their mind about calling me Boulder Dash and I still have no name.

No comments:

Post a Comment